If you currently live in, are buying, or building a luxury home in Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach, Orange Park, or Amelia Island you want replacement windows that are in step with the rest of your home. Choosing the right windows means you will need the right material, energy-efficient features, and a style as elegant as the rest of your home.
Below we have included a few materials to think about and the benefits of each.
WINDOW MATERIAL OPTIONS
Whether your home is contemporary or traditional in style there are windows to match any style imaginable. The most important aspect of each window is whether or not they are durable and energy-efficient. If you are in shopping for new windows below are a few options to consider.
- Aluminum Windows: Homes that are very modern, aluminum windows are probably your best bet. The metal frames create a modern, industrialized look that will match your home’s style. Aluminum windows are also very strong, which is why most commercial buildings utilize this material.
- Aluminum-clad Windows: This is a fusion of wood and aluminum. Since wood frames typically degrade when exposed to the elements more than any other material, aluminum-clad windows are the perfect blend to keep the beauty of wood frames on the interior, while having a durable aluminum frame on the exterior of your home.
- Fiberglass Windows: Fiberglass windows are used for a more traditional design. There are many benefits to fiberglass windows, which can last up to 50 years, are 5X stronger than vinyl, and has excellent energy-efficient ratings. It is a great window for waterfront homes or homes that are exposed to extreme elements.
- Composite Wood Windows: Unlike traditional wood frames that degrade over time, this revolutionary product looks and feels like premium wood windows, it is virtually maintenance-free like vinyl with the strength of aluminum.
LUXURY WINDOW FEATURES
Choosing the right window material for your luxury home is important to your home’s aesthetics and its comfort. Not all windows are created equal, so it is important to speak with a professional window replacement expert that can help guide you to the right material, features, design, and overall function. We have included a few features to consider when looking for new luxury windows for your home.
- Large multi-pane glass expanses: You want a dramatic entrance to your home. Nothing is more impactful than seeing a floor-to-ceiling wall of glass overlooking beautiful scenery. To ensure your home remains energy-efficient the windows you choose should be double to triple glazed. Additional features to consider are glass in-fill, low-E coatings, and warm-edge spacers. These will all assist in making your home the most energy-efficient on the block.
- Thin frames: Aluminum and fiberglass windows both have the strength to support large sheets of glass while utilizing thin frames. This will maximize your views, and let more natural light to enter your home.
- Picture windows: Like most luxury homes, not all of the windows are designed to open. Large picture windows will provide an unobstructed view, let natural light in your home, and can be designed to showcase geometric designs to further your homes look and feel.
INSTALL WINDOWS FOR YOUR LUXURY HOME IN NORTHEAST FLORIDA
Koehler Homes, Inc is the window replacement company luxury homeowners and businesses alike call when they need new windows. We offer a large variety of high-end windows from virtually every manufacturer on the market, including Pella, Simonton, PGE, just to name a few. If you are in the market for new windows and would like to speak with one of our window consultants contact us today at (904) 580-3777. We offer free in-home consultations. We will come to your home and view your current windows and consult you on ideas for both function, design, and cost. We are not pushy salesmen, nor will we ever try and force you to choose a product that you don’t need. We offer zero pressure consultations, with honest advice. If you would like to schedule your free consultation call us now at (904) 580-3777.