Are you in the market for new windows but don’t know where to start, who to call, and what type of windows you need? You are not the only one. Most homeowners are in the same predicament. There are many local Jacksonville Window Companies offering similar products but at many different prices, who should you trust? Unfortunately, there is no “one size fits all”. There are many factors to consider when pricing replacement windows.
- Materials- There are many options to choose from which can either significantly raise or lower the cost of your replacement windows.
a. Wood Frames- wood frames can be an expensive option, they are very elegant looking, but the elements can take their toll causing rot, breaks, and damage to the window frame over time.
b. Fiberglass- This material has all of the benefits of wood, plus durability. You can customize colors, styles, and it is one of the strongest materials on the market. Fiberglass window frames will last for a long time. The only downside is they can be expensive.
c. Aluminum- Aluminum window frames are the cheapest on the market. They are durable; however, they do not insulate the heat properly and can cause an increase in your electric bill both for summer and winter months.
d. Vinyl- Vinyl window frames are the go-to frames for most homeowners. They are attractive in many styles and color options, they are extremely durable, and they are much more cost effective than wood and fiberglass.
- Style- There are many style options to choose from that can affect the cost of your new windows. The most common style in most homes is the Double Hung window, however, there is a wide variety to choose from (Double Hung, Awning, Bay & Bow, High Impact, Privacy, and Sliding) to name a few.
- Brand- The window brand you choose can have a big effect on the price of your windows. For example, Pella Windows can be a more expensive option, while Simonton and AMI can be more cost-effective options, with little difference between the quality of the products.
- Installation- The installation cost can vary from window company; however, a good rule of thumb is around $150.00/window to install.
- Project Scope- As with any project the larger the project the more it will cost you. Depending on the number of windows that need replacing, you can always split the project into 2 smaller projects to make your investment more manageable. Focus on the windows that are the most dire first, then you can focus on the rest at a later date.
Receive Multiple Quotes
As a homeowner, we understand you try and cut cost where you can. That is why it is important to get multiple quotes from different window companies. However, don’t just focus on price. Do your research online, look at reviews, research each business’s online reputation. Ask probing questions to get a better idea of their process, if they have hidden fees, do they provide free in-home consultations and quotes, and ask for references and licensing information. Just because someone is the cheapest doesn’t always mean they are the right choice for your investment.
Why Choose Koehler Homes, Inc?
Koehler Homes, Inc is a licensed and insured window replacement company in Jacksonville. We specialize in window and door replacement for homes and businesses. If you are in the market for new windows for your home or business call us today for a Free in-home consultation and estimate. We will come to your home, inspect your windows, provide you different window options based on your budget and requirements and offer you with a quote for window replacement.
As a small business, we understand our reputation is the most important thing for our longevity. We pride ourselves in our honesty, integrity, and quality workmanship. We have a stellar reputation and we work hard to make sure we provide the best quality service to each and every customer. If you would like a free window replacement consultation, call us today at (904) 580-3777.